As with any financial transaction, please
exercise discretion when using the Internet. For your own safety, be careful. The following
suggestions may be helpful:
- Install the most recent security updates for your operating system &
- Install the newest version & security updates for your Internet
- Install a trustworthy security software that detects viruses,
spyware, trojans, worms, bots, rootkits, etc. and keep it updated.
- Use caution when receiving unsolicited or urgent sounding email
notices. Many are fraudulent or scams.
- Use trustworthy sites or businesses when using your credit or debit
- Avoid “Free” offers that require a credit or debit card. Many enroll
you into clubs that charge your card service fees.
- Use caution using personal and private information on public or
social web sites.
- Use hard to guess or cryptic passwords and change them often.
- Never provide your debit card PIN on a web site or over the phone.
Your PIN will never be used to identify you or authorize a purchase in
- Use caution if you receive an email or text message about your
credit or debit card. Many are scams. If in doubt, call your card issuer
- Always be careful & use common sense.