As with all financial transactions, please
exercise discretion when using an ATM. For your own safety, be careful. The following
suggestions may be helpful:
- Mark each transaction in your account record, but not while at the ATM. Always save your
receipts. Don't leave them at the ATM because they may contain important account
- Compare your records with the account statements you receive.
- Don't lend your ATM/ Check Card to anyone.
- Remember, do not leave your card at the ATM.
- Protect the secrecy of your Personal Identification Number.
- Prevent others from seeing you enter your PIN by using your body to shield their view.
- If you lose your ATM / Check Card or if it is stolen, promptly notify us. You should
consult the other disclosures you have received about electronic funds transfers for
additional information about what to do if your card is lost or stolen.
- When you make an ATM transaction, be mindful of your surroundings. Look out for
suspicious activity near the ATM facility. At night, be sure the ATM site (including the
parking area and walkways) is well lit. It may be safer to bring someone with you
when you make a transaction. If you observe any problem, go to another ATM facility.
- Don't accept assistance from anyone you don't know when using an ATM.
- If you notice anything suspicious or any other problem arises after you begin an ATM
transaction, cancel the transaction, pocket your card and leave.
- Wait until you are at home or in other secure surroundings to count your cash.
- At a drive-up ATM, make sure all the car doors are locked and all of the windows except
the driver's window are rolled up. Keep the engine running and remain alert to your
surroundings. Report suspicious activity to the police.